Monday, May 19, 2008

President Bumble?!?

I report and link. You decide. - BJon

Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God. - Psalm 20:7


From a Power Line blog .compost, "Please, sir, I want some more":

"Please, sir, I want some more" [/] May 19, 2008

During a rally in Roseburg, Oregon, this past Saturday, Barack Obama proclaimed: "We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times ... and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK."

In his imagined future Obama assigns the American people the role of the poorhouse orphan beseeching Mr. Bumble: "Please, sir, I want some more." In his imagined future Obama aligns himself with Mr. Bumble. It's a remarkably strange platform for a major party presidential candidate to announce in the United States of America. [/] Posted by Scott at 2:29 PM [/] [My ellipses and emphasis]


Jim :) Smiling aka Brother Jonathan aka Toto Of Kansas | Link to my Blogs, Forums & Essays