Tuesday, September 28, 2010

"... I got rid of the dog but kept the husband?”

     Jennifer: “Do I redeem myself if I mention that I got rid of the dog but kept the husband?”
     No [further (ch. 9/29)] redemption necessary for those not under law but under grace. It is a matter of formal sequential ordering. Scripture plainly teaches children that fathers are first in honor (and mothers first in fear or reverence Lev.19:3 KJV: “Ye shall fear every man his mother, and his father ...” Equity rather than the zeitgeist's equal rights.) Equality of person, but subordination of office. Like the Trinity. Mankind in the image of the Creator.
     Your statement is understandable in terms of the way your affections are employed in your daily duties. As a matter of phileo, rather than agapeo. Our Lord accepted Peter's phileo.
     John 21:15-17 KJV So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. 16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep. 17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
     John 21:15-17 GNT-TR οτε ουν ηριστησαν λεγει τω σιμωνι πετρω ο ιησους σιμων ιωνα αγαπας με πλειον τουτων λεγει αυτω ναι κυριε συ οιδας οτι φιλω σε λεγει αυτω βοσκε τα αρνια μου 16 λεγει αυτω παλιν δευτερον σιμων ιωνα αγαπας με λεγει αυτω ναι κυριε συ οιδας οτι φιλω σε λεγει αυτω ποιμαινε τα προβατα μου 17 λεγει αυτω το τριτον σιμων ιωνα φιλεις με ελυπηθη ο πετρος οτι ειπεν αυτω το τριτον φιλεις με και ειπεν αυτω κυριε συ παντα οιδας συ γινωσκεις οτι φιλω σε λεγει αυτω ο ιησους βοσκε τα προβατα μου
     You are probably right to object. But as I often told those who objected to one of Pastor Steve Petit's positions: "Since you are strong in the faith, you should not make a fuss about the positions of those who are weak.” Romans 14:1 KJV Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
     You young Facebook friends have driven me to resume my blog. Facebook formats are too small for the largeness of my meandering thoughts.