Thursday, October 29, 2015

Rom3v23 Answering CNBC

Romans 3:23 KJV For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
Genesis 1:27 KJV So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Proverbs 3:5-6 KJV Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. (6) In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

_ The Bible gives a clear answer to the first question in the CNBC presidential candidate debate (as reported by the UK Daily Mail, link at bottom).

The Colorado debate began with a round of navel-gazing as CNBC host John Harwood asked the 10 assembled candidates, job-interview style, to describe their biggest weaknesses.

_ The Biblical answer (as recorded in Rom 3.23, Gen 1.27, and Prov  3.5-6, all quoted at top) is:

_ I have fallen short of that glory which the Creator prescribes for a creature made in His image.
_ As for details, God is my judge, I do not lean on my own understanding. Others may judge on the basis of my words and deeds which are a much more reliable basis than my self-assessment.

_ The report linked at bottom gives some details of candidates disclosures and non-disclosures of their “biggest weaknesses”:

Just two of the group, businessman Donald Trump and former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, articulated anything approaching self-criticism.
'I am, by my nature, impatient,' Bush confessed, a admitting that running for the White House 'is not an endeavor that rewards that.'
Trump took his turn soon after, saying that he holds grudges too long.
'I think maybe my greatest weakness is that I trust people too much,' the billionaire said. 'I'm too trusting. And when they let me down, if they let me down, I never forgive.'
Most of the rest of the field took the opportunity to praise themselves.
'I don't really have any weaknesses that I can think of,' former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee told the panel of CNBC moderators.
'But my wife is down here in the front,' he added, saying she could probably think of a long list.
Florida Sen. Marco Rubio polished his own apple shamelessly.

_ I expect that the most favored of begotten-again Christian politicians might give a proper profession of faith in such circumstances. Ian Paisley, Baron Bannside, PC, of Northern Ireland comes to mind.

_ N.B. The article linked below gives an extensive summary of both the CNBC debate and the election campaigns. Real biographic data on all candidates of both parties is included toward the end.

Republican debate runs off the rails as CNBC's moderators lose control

I2C 151029aa Rom3v23 Answering CNBC | I2C | 151029 0909 et