Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Conservatism Did Not Lose!?!

I report and link. You decide. - J :)

From a Michelle Malkin blog article, Conservatism did not lose:

Conservatism did not lose [/] By Michelle Malkin [|] November 08, 2006 02:40 AM

I'm hanging it up for the night, er, morning. Unlike Michael Moore in 2004, however, I will not be staying in bed for three days in a catatonic state. I will not need PEST shock therapy. I will not move to Australia.

A moonbat reader e-mailed a taunt earlier this evening:

How's it feel to be a Loser, Loser?


The GOP lost. Conservatism prevailed. "San Francisco values" may control the gavels in Congress, but they do not control America. Property rights initiatives limiting eminent domain won big. MCRI, the anti-racial preference measure, passed resoundingly. Congressman Tom Tancredo, the GOP's leading warrior against illegal immigration--opposed by both the open-borders Left and the open-borders White House--won a fifth term handily. Gay marriage bans won approval in 3 states. And as of this writing, the oil tax initiative, Prop. 87--backed by deep-pocketed Hollywood libs, is trailing badly in California.

John Kerry's late-campaign troop smear galvanized bloggers and talk radio hosts, but it was not strong enough to overcome wider bipartisan voter doubts about Iraq. I'll weigh in further on the war and the GOP in the morning. For now, I am relinking to two columns by Washington Times writer Diana West that you should read in full and digest: [/] What President should say to us (part I). [/] Fighting sharia. [My ellipses and emphasis]