Monday, November 12, 2007

POLL ToK Bible Against Death Penalty?!?

See linked scripture below, and: Vote! Make your opinion (or lack thereof) count!!

Vote at Christian AAA Bible Study Forum Thread 30343!!! (Choices and link also given after article below.) - Toto of Kansas.

Scripture and Links for Poll Choices

(Text is King James Version. Links are to containing chapters. Alternate versions may be easily selected if available at Bible Gateway .com.)

1. Exodus 20:13 Thou shalt not kill.

2. Matthew 22:39 Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

3. Romans 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

4. Matthew 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

5. John 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

6. John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

14. Genesis 9:5 And surely your blood of your lives will I require; at the hand of every beast will I require it, and at the hand of man; at the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of man. 6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

15. Romans 13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: 4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

16. John 19:10Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee? 11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

Poll Question: Bible Against Death Penalty?!? | Poll choices:

1. Yes. Thou shalt not kill. / 2. Yes. Love thy neighbour as thyself. / 3. Yes. Live peaceably with all men. / 4. Yes. Put up again thy sword. / 5. Yes. Not to judge the world, but to save. / 6. Yes. Kingdom is not of this world. / 7. Yes. All or most of 1 thru 6. / 8. Yes. / 9. Possibly. / 10. Possibly. Consider present day values. / 11. Possibly. Consider moral values. / 12. Possibly. Consider personal values. / 13. No. / 14. No. By man shall his blood be shed. / 15. No. He beareth not the sword in vain / 16. No. Power to crucify was from above. / 17. No. All or most of 14 thru 16. / 18. No opinion. Scriptures on both sides. / 19. No comment. / 20. No opinion. / 21. This poll is worthless. / 22. This poll is of negative value. / 23. Other.

Vote at Christian AAA Bible Study Forum Thread 30343! Vote!! Make your opinion (or lack thereof) count!!!

Jim :) Smiling aka Brother Jonathan aka Toto Of Kansas | Link to my Blogs, Forums & Essays