Monday, January 25, 2016

Act4v32 One in Soul

Forum Feuds vs. One in Soul - J :) 
Act 4:32 KJV And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul [...]
From a forum post (Screen-names changed to protect the innocent.): http://j.mp/7ForumFeuds or http://forums.delphiforums.com/kath/messages/?msg=220708.119
I thank God for your post. It is a model description of persistent back and forth complex interchanges in these forums.
And, Lord willing, I will remember and use your Wesley quote:
"In essentials, unity. In non-essentials, liberty. In all things, charity."
The blessing of the forums is the ability to freely express ones thoughts and feeling.
And at times the spirit of that life which is only found in Christ Jesus becomes marvelously evident.
The regular local gatherings of the Assembly are the place where the unity of heart and soul of the begotten again may be best manifested as it was in the beginning in Jerusalem.
The sort of regular gatherings of believers to remember the Lord's death that I now attend are noted for hospitality.
Sharing meals in one another's homes is perhaps the best way to get to know one another.
And much spiritual fellowship is established by individual praise and prayer in the regular gatherings sharing the broken loaf and the cup.
['] [MetalWorker] said...[/] [“]LOL [= Lots Of Laughs] I thought you might like that.
['“][NumberTwo] and I, We are both set in our ways and beliefs. We have disengaged because we are at the point where we would start throwing lots of evidence and data at each other and ripping into the other's logic. Not worth the effort or frustration on either of our parts. Neither would convince the other and disharmony would exist where none should. The difference is in our approaches. I'm coming from science with faith backing it and he's coming from faith with science backing it. That makes the conversation any further than it went [ – ] problematic. Thus we disengage and follow John Wesley's advice, "In essentials, unity. In non-essentials, liberty. In all things, charity."
['“] I could give you my approach to the issue and he could give you his, and you could then choose but it would be fruitless for us to present to each other. We both believe we are correct and both of us are tenacious to some degree (tenacity is a virtue although my wife would disagree and say I'm stubborn as a [stubborn animal of your choice].).
['“] Grace and Peace [“] [My emphasis.] [“']
I2C 160125ca Act4v32 One in Soul | I2C | 160125 1309 et